Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A New Favorite

Some time ago I came across a book by Virginia Lee Burton called Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel. It is in a lot of homeschool curriculums. It is a great picture book for boys and the illustrations are great (in my opinion). So recently on a trip to the library I took out some other books by the same author. First I took out Choo-Choo, which is about a run-away train and now after the latest reads I have decided I love Virginia Lee Burton. My next read was Katy and the Big Snow which is a great book for our family because Erik just LOVES snow and the bigger the snow the better. I loved the message of how hard the snow plow works, without complaining. My favorite is the book, The Little House, is just splendid and being the sap that I am I started to tears up at the very end.

So anyway, if you happen to come across ANY books by Virginia Lee Burton at a yard sale or a used book sale feel free to pick them up and I'll buy them from you (except Mike Mulligan because I already own two).

1 comment:

Cara said...

Oh, The Little House was one of our very, very favorites growing up. I know exactly why it makes you teary! I want to look into some of her other titles--think I vaguely remember reading about Mike Mulligan at some point... thanks for the tip!